Sunday, August 19, 2012

FAITH...

But that ye would humble yourselves before the Lord, and call on his holy name, and watch and pray continually, that ye may not be tempted above that which ye can bear, and thus be led by the Holy Spirit, becoming humble, meek, submissive, patient, full of love and all long-suffering;
   Having faith on the Lord; having a hope that ye shall receive eternal life; having the love of God always in your hearts, that ye may be lifted up at the last day and enter into his rest.

How cliche for me to begin my first post with a verse out of the Book of Mormon right?. But to me that verse embodies my whole opinion on faith. Its funny, alot of the people that i'm around don't really know how deep my faith is. I guess that's my fault. Only those who have known me for a long time, (and when I say a long time I mean those who knew me when I was in my teen years). Only they know how truly devoted I am to finding out the truth for myself. I grew up a catholic. But I found out at a young age that going to church just ”sometimes” wasn't enough for me. For years I have doubted the catholic faith, and with good reason. Everytime time I had a question about something I was given the run around. I never got a clear answer from anyone including my parents. There also was no one that was around with enough knowledge about the subject that I could turn to.

     I first heard about the LDS faith from television (which had nothing nice to say). Then I found that I would always find some kind  of lds reference in everything, but I had yet to meet anyone that fully and openly admitted to being Mormon. I was watching an episode of south park once, and the topic was what religion went to heaven because the world was ending. At the end of the show all you saw was missionaries in heaven looking around, and those  who were of other faith were looking up into the heavens at the mormons. It was meant to be funny, but for some reason I never forgot that. Flash forward to when I was 21 who do I meet but my future husband, and yes you guessed it he was Mormon. Coincidence or fait?. I'm by no means a Mormon, I drink, smoke, I smoke lol. But I couldn't ignore the signs.  My faith is something that I can't live without. My friend just posted about how she doesn't think of God as a man in the sky answering all of our prayers. I have to love her for that, but in my mind there are different points of faith some bigger than others. Its up to you how important faith fits in your life. I hope that one day my journey of faith seeking ends and I find happiness in my decision. For now all I can do is keep looking for my answer.

   Thoughts from my head..

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so ecstatic you started the blog. Now people can see you for the deep person I have always known you to be. Love your first post. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete